I do wanna see more trans actors playing trans roles because trans people need jobs, you know? And also because the industry is not ready to hire trans people to play cisgendered characters, and that’s where I’d like to see us get to—to where being trans doesn’t matter. You know, I’ve always thought, OK, there could be a trans person on Grey’s Anatomy playing a nurse or a doctor. I know trans people who are doctors and nurses; I know tons of people who are lawyers, and they can be trans, but it doesn’t have to be the central thing. Some people are trans and it doesn’t envelop their entire lives.
- These are awesome cuz you have to wrap them in pie crust! they’re like mini pies but served in real apples!!! You also use the crust to make autumn leaves as decorations!
Well, I know what I’m making this weekend.
i cut my finger with a butter knife trying to up a stale bag if cereal
i would find this funny if it wasn’t all so terrible
and if i still had cereal
What fucks me up about the Darren Wilson fundraiser is that he hasn’t been charged with a crime. He doesn’t have to hire a lawyer. He’s on paid leave, so he’s not losing wages. This is not covering his expenses, because he doesn’t have any additional expenses. This is a reward. He’s getting a $250,000 reward for murdering an unarmed black kid.
HE HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL. MIKE REACHED FOR HIS GUN. HIS FRIEND THAT WAS WITH HIM EVEN ADMITTED THAT HE LIED ABOUT THE COP JUST RANDOMLY SHOOTING HIM AND CONFIRMED THAT THEY ROBBED THE STORE. SELF DEFESE.
None of this is true. This is how good the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign has been. Not one sentence here is accurate. Let’s break this down:
- "HE HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL." Michael Brown’s autopsy showed no sign of struggle.The picture of the CT scan that’s being passed around to show that Wilson had an orbital blowout fracture is actually from 2008 from the University of Iowa, and a right-wing pundit photoshopped out the date and hospital info.
- "MIKE REACHED FOR HIS GUN." Officer Wilson’s story is that the first shot that went off was an accidental discharge while they were fighting over the gun. However. there was no gunpowder residue on Mike Brown, meaning that he was absolutely not holding the gun when it went off and furthermore that he was not even that close. He was fired on from a distance.
- "HIS FRIEND THAT WAS WITH HIM EVEN ADMITTED THAT HE LIED ABOUT THE COP JUST RANDOMLY SHOOTING HIM AND CONFIRMED THAT THEY ROBBED THE STORE." This is actually a compound lie, which is kind of impressive. His friend, Dorian Johnson, did not say that. His lawyer said they were together in the convenience store, the police said there was a robbery, and the media put those two statements next to each other to imply a statement was made that never was. Johnson isn’t being charged with anything because the Ferguson PD “determined he committed no crime." The Ferguson PD also admitted Officer Wilson didn’t know about the scuffle at the convenience store before he stopped Brown and Johnson. You may be wondering why I say scuffle instead of robbery. That’s because there wasn’t one: the owners of the store didn’t call the police and video shows Brown paying for the cigarillos! The clerk confronted Brown about reaching across the counter instead of waiting for him to hand over the cigarillos, he put his hand on Brown, and Brown pushed him. Yes, he pushed him too hard, but the clerk apparently didn’t care enough to call the police. The police were called by another customer in the store, who apparently didn’t know what was actually happening.
- "SELF DEFESE." The autopsy shows that he was shot on the inside of his arm, meaning his hands were up, and the top of his head, meaning that, since Brown was 6’4”, either he was on his knees or the officer was 8’ tall. The officer was not 8’ tall.
The evidence clearly shows that Officer Wilson, who had no idea of the not-actually-a-robbery, executed the unarmed Mike Brown while he was on his knees with his hands in the air. Just like all of the eyewitnesses said (except for “Josie,” who turned out not to be real).
But the Ferguson PD’s already tainted public opinion. They’ve spread so many lies so effectively that no amount of evidence will bring justice. Your ignorance here is proof of just how effective it’s been.
SIGNAL BOOST the shit out of this because there are still so many people talking about robbery like it’s a fucking fact
- 19 days late but Hillary Clinton finally comments on Ferguson and she didn’t victim blame or use false racial equivalences. She called out social injustices and the frayed relationships between police and community members. She even addressed white privilege and institutional racism. Good commentary but poor timing and lack of genuine feeling. Clinton’s statement (x)
- 900,000 signatures calling for justice
- 5 protesters sue police for $41.5M over arrests
- Audio of the murder of Michael Brown aired by CNN has been authenticated.
"I’m insecure about how I look… I was looking at some stills from the show that are up online. [In the past] I was like, "When I am successful, I’m going to look differently. I will have had more surgery, I will be thinner. And that will equal me being successful." And then I was looking at myself with all the imperfections that I see, and still people are relating to this character, people are connecting to her. On social media people love Sophia. So I’m on this show that is kind of a hit now and I don’t look like Beyoncé. I haven’t had the extreme makeover to look like that, so maybe I can just be authentically myself. Maybe that’s enough." - Laverne Cox